Wednesday 28 April 2010

slow down, deep breaths and get yourself dressed instead of running around pulling all your threads and breaking yourself up

if it's a broken part, replace it, if it's a broken arm then brace it, if it's a broken heart then face it.. and hold your own, know your name and go your own way and everything will be fine. are the details in the fabric, are the things that make you panic, are your thoughts results of static cling? are the things that make you blow, hell, no reason, go on and scream. if you're shocked it's just the fault of faulty manufacturing.
yeah everything will be fine, everything in no time at all, everything.

I adore this song and I thought it was very fitting to me at the moment. Recently I've just been a bundle of nerves and panic. I had my piano recital practice and I couldn't stop shaking and got rather upset. The actual recital is on Friday and I've started taking 'Kalms' to keep me calm as it so happens! The other plan was to get really drunk.. but somehow I don't think that would be the way to go. My friend Alastair started reading me his phycology work about "social-phobias" and the definition was me all over! I mean, I know everyone gets nervous but I seem to manage to put myself under stupid amounts of pressure and panic like crazy. When he said about "social-phobia includes the fear of being criticised in performing scenarios" and I think that's my main fear. I care so much about the piano and I want to do well and if I mess up I panic. So hopefully these 'Kalms' will work and I'm going to have chamomile tea before and bring Spencer the Bear with me for moral support/comfort for my recital - eek!


No comments:

Post a Comment