Saturday 17 April 2010

It's a kinda magic..


Last night we had a lot of fun with candles and incense. As soon as i walked in the door of Wolfies house I said "ooh! I can smell incense". This made me incredibly happy. I've always had a thing for candles and incense. I love the atmosphere it creates; you could tell from the way it was a pretty chilled evening. I think I love the orange, antique setting it creates. It seems fairly magical I s'pose.

I used to really be into magic and things. I would forever be talking about different kinds of fairies, I don't as much anymore. I remember as a kid there was a place in my garden, that has since been cut away, that was totally overgrown with a tree and plants. I loved sitting in there and I used to close my eyes and then suddenly open them in the hope I would see a fairy flying by or sitting on the mushrooms. I used to think I'd seen them too, maybe my mind was playing tricks on me, or it was a bee, I'd like to believe though. My mum had this book of 'squashed fairies', I think I might have to have a rummage to go and find it after I've written this. I completely believed her when she said they were real fairies that had been squished like pressed flowers into the book. The fairies were incredible and looking at the artwork now, I'm in love with it still. I have books on fairies and different realms and things. So I'm going to agree with Peter Pan "I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!"

1 comment: